Funeral Plan Complaints Procedure
You can be sure that we have your best interests at heart, but we don’t always get things right.
We are committed to providing the highest level of customer care and hope you will never have a need to make a complaint. However, if you experience a problem, we will try to resolve this as quickly as possible. If wish to raise a concern, please bring this to the attention of any member of our team.
If you have a complaint:
If you feel that we have fallen short of your expectations in any way, we’d like to know so we can put things right for you.
Ways to Complain:
- By telephone on 0800 121 8090
- By email at: email@example.com
- By post: Customer Service Department, Fosters Funeral Directors, 240 Glasgow Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow, G73 1UZ, for the attention of: The Complaints Manager.
We will do all we can to resolve your complaint by the end of the next working day. If we can’t do this, we will acknowledge your complaint in writing within 3 working days, investigate your complaint and endeavour to send you a final response within 8 weeks of receipt of the complaint unless we can resolve it sooner.
You may contact us at any time should you wish to discuss progress or if any other matter relating to the complaint.
If we haven’t issued our response within 8 weeks from the date you first raised it with us, of if you are dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for a review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first
Taking Your Complaint Further
- Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is a service set up by Parliament to resolve complaints between financial businesses (including funeral plan businesses) and their customers.
To refer a complaint to the FOS, you must meet the FOS eligibility criteria. The FOS will consider complaints from:
- A private individual.
- A micro enterprise which has a group annual turnover, and/or balance sheet, of up to €2 million and fewer than 10 staff.
- A small business which has a group annual turnover of up to £6.5 million and fewer than 50 staff or a balance sheet total of less than £5 million.
- A guarantor that has provided a guarantee or security in respect of an obligation of a micro-enterprise or small business.
- A charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million.
- A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million.
If you have a complaint and we haven’t issued our response within eight weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we’ll do all we can to help.
Further information on the Financial Ombudsman Service, including more detailed guidance on those who are eligible to complain, can be found on their website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or by telephoning 0800 023 4567
Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square